Supplier Credit Note
Menu: Supplier | Supplier Credit Note...
- Credit note is use to reduce and offset the outstanding invoices or debit note.
- For those Credit Note created from Purchase module, you are require to offset against the outstanding Invoices/Debit Note here.
- You can check any unapplied amount for a credit note. Unapplied amount meaning the credit note amount must find the invoice / debit note to knock-off.
Supplier Credit Note - Entry
1. Click on New button.
2. See the New Supplier Credit Note entry form screenshot below.
3. Select the Supplier Code. You direct key-in and search by either supplier code or name.
4. Input the Purchase A/c and amount to be credit.
5. Below is the example of the entry created:
Double Entry will be:- DR CR Supplier Control Acc RM500.00 Purchase Returns RM500.00
- Unapplied amount shows the credit note amount not allocated/knock-off against any outstanding invoices and debit note.
- It will remains in supplier aging report show as negative amount (-).
- To knock-off the outstanding invoice/debit note, TICK the checkbox beside the pay column.
- You can direct input the pay amount into pay column.
Supplier Credit Note - Project
- There are 2 types of project you need to be take note.
- Document Project
- Detail Project
- For document project, you need to point to MORE section (on the left side bar).
- For detail project, you have to insert the project column out from Field Chooser.
|A||Document Project||It represent the project for a document to be debit.|
|B||Detail Project||It represent the project for individual GL Account to be credit.|
Supplier Credit Note - Attachment
- It is very useful to attach any supporting documents to a credit note.
- In future, you able to retrieve and refer the attachment file easily.
1. You have to point to the attachment section.
2. Click on ( + ) button to insert the filename path.
3. See the sample screenshot below.
Supplier Credit Note - Note
1. Click on the Note section (on the LEFT side bar).
2. RIGHT click it, you will see the Rich Text Editor pop-up.
3. You can start key-in the note. See the example screenshot below.
4. Click on X button to save and exit the Rich Text Editor.
5. You will get prompted the Save changes? message. Click YES to save it.
Supplier Credit Note - C/N Description
Foreign Exchange Currency Gain/Loss
- Difference in the foreign currency exchange rate will AUTO post the FOREX Gain/Loss entry into GL.
- Posting date can be changed to reflect the FOREX Gain/Loss for a month.